How We Use Google Ad Extensions To Help Your Business
Everything You Need to Know about Ad Extensions
What Makes Up A Paid Search Ad?
There is so much more to your Google Ads campaign than simply the keywords you’re bidding on. It’s a given that your ads will display your URL, a headline and a description – but it’s next to impossible to fit all the information you want to convey to your customers into 90 characters or less. Google Ad extensions expand your ad with additional important details, and are your opportunity to give potential customers more reasons to choose your business. It means we have space freed up to focus on creating the most compelling call-to-action possible in your ad copy, while also giving users the ability to learn more about your business and the unique benefits you provide.
In terms of account performance and ROI, using ad extensions typically increases an ad’s CTR (click-through-rate) by several percentage points, which in turn increases your quality score. This means your ads are not only more likely to be displayed at the top of the search engine results page, but they’ll also at a lower CPC (cost-per-click) to you. In short – you’ll get more bang for your buck. Most importantly – they don’t cost a thing! Google Ad extensions are free to add and they’ll only show alongside an ad if they’re predicted to improve its performance
Types of Ad Extensions – and What We Need from You
Below are some of the most common pieces of information that we include in our clients’ Google Ads campaigns through the use of ad extensions. We want to utilize every extension relevant to your business – so the more information you can give us, the better!
- Phone Number – Include a phone number and track conversions from calls coming from Google Ads.
- Location & Directions – By linking your Google Ads campaigns with your Google My Business page, we can display your business address and its distance from the user’s current location.
- Messaging – If you’d like, we can direct users to send you a text message directly from the click of an ad.
- Sitelinks – We link users directly to specific pages of your website, like “Services” or “Online Scheduling” to help increase conversions.
- Benefit Callouts – What sets your shop apart from your competitors? Do you have a great warranty, extended service hours or noteworthy certifications? Let us know and we will be sure to list them.
- Amenities – Examples could include free WiFi, a childrens’ play area, free refreshments and more. Let us know the perks of visiting your shop.
- Service Catalog – In addition to the particular service a user searched for, we can include other similar services you provide that might be of interest to them.
- Neighborhoods – Do you have multiple locations, or pull in customers from several well-known neighborhoods nearby your shop?
- Pricing – Provide us pricing for specific services your provide and we can include them alongside your ad copy.
- Promotions – What current specials are you running at your shop? Let us know and we can add them to your campaign, along with any expiration date.
- App Downloads – If your business has its own app, we can include a link for download on iOS and/or Android.
Want more information about Google Ads and what we can do to increase your shop’s call volume? Reach out to our team of Google Ads Specialists today!