3 Big Takeaways on Paid Search Strategies
CEO and founder of Autoshop Solutions, Danny Sanchez, dug into the details of paid search for the automotive industry illuminating what shops should and should not do. In case you missed Shift Your Shop’s Marketing Into Drive With Proven Paid Search Strategies, here are the key takeaways:
Keep Your Foot On the Gas During Slowdowns
On the road, we slow down for warnings that say “Uneven Road Surface Ahead,” but in marketing, we keep on the gas with paid search ads during tough times! Here’s why:
- Noise level drops when competitors cut back, creating a space for you to enter at a lower cost.
- Consistent marketing projects stability to both people and search engines.
- It’s hard to get started during a downturn, so start marketing before you need it.
- If you’re doing it right, there shouldn’t be a need or reason to back out.
Pay-Per-Click is Effective AND Fair
Pay-per-click or PPC is an effective and fair marketing strategy. You get served up as an option in search results, but you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. The catch is that you have to do it right.
- Ads can be on Facebook, Microsoft, YouTube, and other platforms, but Google drives the most traffic.
- The shop with a properly designed and developed website, SEO optimized content, and the right keywords gets more traffic and pays less for it.
- The ARO from an Internet caller is over $700!
Avoid Pitfalls By Using a Marketing Agency
PPC might be effective and fair, but it isn’t simple. Shops should never hand Google a big budget while they “learn” how it works. Instead, work with a company that can help you skip over the learning steps.
- Don’t give competitors the advantage by not using the best marketing tools.
- Don’t “set it and forget it” – always watch your money and the results!
- A marketing agency like Autoshop Solutions will have specialists set up and monitor campaigns for you, with expertise specific to your industry.
Want to dig into PPC more with automotive aftermarket veteran, Danny Sanchez? View the webinar on demand now! As the leading automotive marketing agency, Autoshop Solutions is available to help answer any of your questions about paid search marketing.